woensdag, september 09, 2009

{AAM challenge #1} If I live to be 100...


The day is finally here for our first All About Me Challenge 
with the Design Team!


So let's jump right in!

Perhaps you'll recognize these lyrics If I live to be 100 and never see the seven wonders.. that'll be alriiiight... I am Rosemary's granddaughter, the spitting image of my father and when the day is done my mama's still my biggest fan....  If you are a Jessica Andrew's fan or listen to a little country music, you'll know that song I think.  While I'm not a huge country fan, that's a song that stuck with me since I first heard it and what has inspired our first challenge!

If I live to be 100.....

How would you finish that sentence??  Remember.. this is about YOU!
Here is what I came up with:




 
Supply list: Paper: MME Penny lane, Crate Prudence collection, Jilly Bean soup Minestrone, October Afternoon; Cardstock: brown and orange; Letters: Thickers American Crafts, Mini alphabet stickers My little shoebox, Jillibeen Soup Bean Brown; Bird: Maya Road; Card and envelop: Hallmark; Ribbon: Savvy 'n Sassy; Flowers: Prima; Arrows: Heidi Swap

Journaling reads:

Dear Nanna,

If I live to be 100, then I would be 10 years older then you are now.
And 90 is for me already a hugh age.
If I live to be 100, then I hope there will be someone who loves me as much as I love you. Who will think of me with as much affection as I think of you.
If I live to be 100, I hope I will not be too lonely. The chance to that is of course big, because we don't have any kids. But you are also lonely, even with 4 daughters, a lot.
As I live to be 100, I hope my health will be good. Cause always having pain, like you, that must be so hard.
But... If I live to be 100, I hope to become that together with Hans. And not like you, more then the half of your live alone..

Love, Miranda.



On the AAM blog you can see the work of all the other Design team members!


Want to know our Sponsor for the month of September?  It's the ScrapShoppe!  This sweet little Etsy shoppe was such a treat to find and Dianna has been so kind as to offer up one of her Inspiration Kits as the prize for this month!  I think you'll love it! Please visit her shop and say thank you by supporting her business!


Here is what you could win:
 
So much in this "vintagey" kit!  
Patterned Papers about 6x6 in size
Ribbons and Trims
Buttons
Flowers
And more!  (oh my!)
Want to know how you can win this fabulous kit?

In order to be eligible to win you need to participate in the challenges!  You can earn more entries by doing the following:
  • Receive one entry for each challenge you participate. Come post a comment letting us know if you have the layout on your blog or in our flickr gallery. (You can earn up to TWO since there will be two challenges each month.)
  • Receive an entry by becoming a follower of the blog.
  • Receive an entry by participating on the Message Board.
So there you go!  You have the potential to receive FOUR entries.   
Disclaimer:  The "follower" entry will be reserved for brand new followers beginning in October.  

So what are you still reading this for??  Go scrap about yourself! :)

1 opmerking:

lisa westphal zei

Miranda,

LOVE your heartfelt journaling! So thoughtful and lovingly made. Awesome.

-lisa w-

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...